Atlantic 48 Catamaran Specifications
|Draft||3'2" to 7'8"|
|Wing Clearance||36" at cruising displacement|
|Masthead from WL||70' (approx.)|
|Pounds per inch immersion:||1,524|
|Light Genoa||800 sq/ft|
Hulls, decks, pilot house and major bulkheads are constructed from epoxy resin and tri-axial glass laminate cored with ATC Core-Cell foam. All exterior surfaces are spray painted with AwlGrip polyurethane coating. A painted boot stripe in a contrasting color is included.
Crossbeams are built of uni-directional carbon fiber/epoxy with foam cored epoxy/glass bulkheads.
Propulsion and Steering
- Twin Yanmar 40 H.P. (model 3JH3CE x SD40) diesel saildrive engines
- Dual instrument panels with tachometer and engine monitoring gauges and alarms.
- Primary and secondary fuel filters.
- Deluxe electronic dual single lever engine controls mounted at both the cockpit helm station and pilothouse inside helm.
- Bronze geared folding type propellers
- Rudder blades are fiberglass composite, high performance hydrofoil section with solid Aquamet 19 rudder stocks (titanium stocks optional) turning in low friction bearings.
- Twin station steering using premium hydraulic components, rudders to be mechanically linked.
- Custom cockpit steering pedestal with compass and engine controls
- (2) cored epoxy/glass daggerboards in epoxy/glass laminate trunks
- Up and down haul controls lead to cockpit
Each hull has a collision bulkhead forward.
- (4) Solar Panels, 120 watt output each
- 12-volt circuit breaker panel with voltage and amp meters.
- (4) deep cycle Gel batteries, 720 amp hour capacity separated into two banks
- Cantalupi (switched white/red) dome and halogen reading lights
- Resolux full spectrum fluorescent lights in galley and work areas
- Statpower Prosine 1800 inverter (1800 watt) is included to provide AC power from the 12v DC batteries.
- 110v AC outlets are installed in the following places. (1) each head, (1) galley, (1) workbench, (2) nav. Station, (1) port side of pilothouse settee.
- (2) welded Aluminum 75 gallon diesel fuel tanks each with deck fill, shut off and gauge
- (2) epoxy/glass 75 gallon water tanks each with deck fill, vent and gauge
Mast and Boom
- Sparcraft painted aluminum alloy mast, deck stepped with two sets of diamonds over single spreader.
- Masthead light, masthead VHF, wind instruments
- All halyards and reefing lines are led to cockpit.
- Boom has internal reefing lines, topping lift and outhaul
- Profurl reefing/furling unit for jib.
- All type 316 1x19 SS wire rope
- Running Rigging:
- Low stretch Spectra halyards for mainsail and jib, Sta-Set low stretch Dacron sheets and control lines.
- Spectra running backstays for improved jib shape
- Anderson Stainless Steel self tailing winches:
- (1) electric #52 for mainsheet/main halyard
- (2) #52 for jib sheets
- (2) #46 for traveller/runner controls
- (1) #46 for reefing lines
- Harken Mini-Maxi main sheet traveler 10' long
- Harken jib sheet tracks
- Harken ball bearing blocks are standard equipment.
- Spinlock rope clutches
Hull and Deck Ventilation
- (16) Deck hatches, all Lewmar Ocean Series. Accommodation area hatches are equipped with screens.
- (17) Opening portlights with clear plexi windows, three in each outboard hull side
- (2) An opening port is located adjacent to each double berth
- Cowl vents in engine rooms and in each head
- (8) Hella fans, one in each berth, one in the galley, one each in the pilothouse helmstation and nav area.
Rails and Lifelines
- Custom fabricated SS stanchions and lifelines.
- Custom fabricated polished SS pushpits
- (4) SS Transom grab rails
- Integral swim step on rudder
- Dual bow anchor rollers enable two anchors to be easily used at the same time.
- Maxwell, Freedom 800 RC windlass with rope/chain gypsy and dual direction switch.
- Self-bailing lockers for self stowing chain and rode.
Two anchors and rodes are supplied. Primary anchor to be a 44 lb. Delta with 50' of 5/16" H.T. chain and 250' 5/8" nylon rode. The second anchor to be West Marine Performance 40 (Danforth type) with 10' chain and 250' 5/8" nylon rode.
Cleats and Docklines
- (6) 10" docking cleats, 2 bow, 2 stern, 2 springline
- (7) 12" mooring cleat
- Four (4) 5/8" 3 strand nylon docking lines each 50' in length are supplied.
- Auqasignal masthead Tri-color and anchor light
- Mast mounted steaming light with deck light
- Aquasignal deck level running lights
- Aft deck floodlights
- Varnished cherry or mahogany cabinet door frames, fiddles and trim.
- Teak and holly soles in accommodation spaces
- Semi-gloss polyurethane finish in accommodation areas, owner's choice of color.
- Standard fabric selection for settee seats and other cushions.
Starboard settee seats have a varnished wood table. Settee seats have partitioned stowage beneath via lift out covers in the seat top.
Inside Helm Station
A 28" destroyer type wheel is mounted to starboard with a 4" flush mount Ritchie SS-2000 compass, engine instrument panels, electronic gear shift/throttle control and sailing instruments (depth,wind,speed) located within easy reach of the wheel.
Pilot House Nav. Station
- Extra large chart table with full size chart drawer beneath
- Two file drawers
- Ample space for nav and satcom gear.
- Extra outlets for laptop computers, printer, etc..
- Bimini top, dinghy hoist and dinghy tie downs built into the aft deck
- Three large flush deck lockers along the forward side of aft deck for stowage.
- Force 10 model, 3 burner propane stove with automatic temperature control oven and broiler. A remote solenoid propane shut-off switch is provided.
- Two 20lb. propane bottles are located in a self venting locker
- Microwave oven installed in the galley over the propane stove.
- Galley sink is a deep double bowl polished stainless steel with strainers.
- Hot and cold pressurized water delivered by single lever mixer.
- In addition manual Whale foot pumps are installed for fresh and salt water with chromed faucets.
- Ample drawers, lockers and shelves for storage. Built in trash container.
A custom fabricated side by side refrigerator/ freezer (6 and 3 cu/ft capacity) is located in the galley, inboard side. Adjustable shelves included in each compartment. Each unit uses a separate highly efficient Danfoss compressor providing redundancy.
Each hull has a sleeping cabin amidships that contains a queen sized berth. A hanging locker, built in dresser, storage cabinet and bookshelf is included. A large deck hatch and two opening ports provide ventilation.
Each head is equipped with a vanity with polished stainless steel sink with hot/cold pressure water via a mixing lever control. Formica laminate countertop and stowage locker beneath. Two large stowage lockers with shelves for towels, etc. are within easy reach.
Lavac toilet plumbed to holding tank with valves for overboard discharge as well as pump out.
- Semi-gloss polyurethane finish for easy cleanup
- Hot/cold pressure water with single lever anti-scald mixer control
- Manual sump pump
Hot Water Heater
Isotemp Magic 40 liter (engine heat exchanger) water heater.
A hot and cold water pressurized rinse station is installed on the port hull transom boarding platform.
Salt Water Washdown
Pump to for deck washdown is located in the starboard hull forward locker
Workbench (port hull)
- Laminate counter with cutout and backing plate for vice
- Drawers and lockers below for tool and parts storage
- Lockers above for stowage
The entire above water line exterior of the boat is spray painted with Awlgrip polyurethane coating. Walking areas to be non-skid finished. Contrasting boot stripe is included. Owners choice of colors.
The bottom of the boat will be painted with anti-fouling paint, owners choice of color.
Vessel name and hailing port, approximate 8" and 5" letter size respectively, will be installed.
Hull Rub Rail
An external rub rail with solid metal cap is included.
- Fenders, (4) 10" PAR inflatable fenders are included
- Three (3) Kidde XL-5TCZ, portable fire extinguishers will be provided.
Chris White Designs
5 Smith's Way
S. Dartmouth, MA 02748